Rain Dog Software specializes in web development for small business. Many of our customers have little or no web presence, and come to us for affordable, professional development and design. Our pricing system offers enough flexibility so that individuals or organizations can take advantage of exactly the components they need. Some of our most common services include:
- User-manageable Small Business Web Sites
- WordPress and other Content Management
- Personal Web Sites
- Custom Desktop and Web Software Applications
Each development project is unique, however the following table represents some normal packages our users enjoy. Any additional features will be discussed as the project is designed, and pricing is agreed upon by all parties before development begins.
|Personal Package||Business Package||Enterprise Package|
|Template-based Layout||Custom Layout||Custom Layout|
|Template-based Graphics||Custom Graphics||Custom Graphics|
|Up to 5 Unique Pages||Up to 10 Unique Pages||Unlimited Pages|
|Guaranteed W3C Valid||Guaranteed W3C Valid||Guaranteed W3C Valid|
|Administration Page||Administration Page|
|Search Optimization||Search Optimization|
|Complete Version History||Complete Version History|
|Accessibility Level A||Accessibility Level A|
|First year hosting free|
|1 Web Application|
As implied by the highlighting above, the Administration Interface is among the most valuable (and somewhat unique) of the services we offer. This is a tool that allows you as the site owner to log in to a secured section of your website (ie www.mysite.com/admin) and change sections of the site at will without requiring any developer assistance or HTML code. This applies to any Django-powered website we offer. For details, please see our Technology section.
The simplest place to host a Rain Dog developed website is with us. You may of course host wherever you wish, but there are a few advantages to including hosting in your development package.
- Low, flat cost ($6/mo, $5 if prepaid for 1 year)
- Servers managed by WebFaction, industry leader in Django hosting
- Django, Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, Git, and many other web applications preinstalled
While the standard pricing table reflects the most commonly requested web features, some of our clients need a bit more. The following list includes some services and features we offer that are not easily priced in a one-size-fits-all model.
- Photo Gallery
- Product Catalog
- Mobile Device Optimization
- Shopping Cart
- Additional Languages
- Site Analytics
- Site Performance Profiling
- Full Code Documentation
- Staff Training
- Ongoing Support
How to Begin
If you're interested in working with Rain Dog Software for your project, you can simply contact us and we'll guide you through everything. Optionally, there are a few things you may wish to do ahead of time to streamline the process.
- Purchase Domain Name. If you want to create a new website, you'll probably want a domain name, such as http://www.example.com. Rain Dog Software is not a domain registrar, and cannot create a domain for you, however there are many reviews online that can recommend a registrar to suit your needs. Note: Unless you're certain you wish to host with them, be sure to choose the domain name only.
- Decide on Hosting. Many domain registrars provide hosting plans, but often you can find a more suitable plan elsewhere. Rain Dog would be happy to provide hosting for all clients, and we support Django, Rails, PHP, Drupal and many other common web frameworks. If you decide on another hosting provider, be sure they're capable of supporting your project's backend.
- Gather Ideas. The more clear and detailed your plan, the more time and money you save on development. We recommend that customers put together a text or visual summary of their project to ensure that all parties have a clear idea of what needs to be done. If you're having trouble figuring out the details, we'd be happy to provide assistance.
- Contact Us. When you're ready to begin, or just have some questions, just open our Contact page to get in touch. We look forward to working with you!